DDW-142-12VDC Ethernet Extender
Westermo SHDSL 2-Port Industrial Ethernet Extender For Point-To-Point Or Point-To-Multipoint Applications, Up to 15.3 MB (Or 30.4 Mb With Bonded Pair), With Integrated 2-Port Ethernet Switch and RS-232 Serial Port, DIN-Rail Mount, 9.6-60 VDC, -40 to +70 deg C. (Article #3642-0400).
Westermo’s Ethernet extender technology based on SHDSL makes it possible to reuse many types of pre-existing copper
cables, which can lead to considerable financial savings when installing new systems. DDW-142 allows effective Ethernet
networks to be created over long distances (up to 15 km/9.3 mi) at data rates up to 15.3 Mbit/s on a single twisted pair
cable. By using two pairs “bonded” this rate can be doubled up to 30.6 Mbit/s. The integral switch allows 2 Ethernet
devices to be attached and an RS-232 port for a legacy piece of equipment to be incorporated into the IP network.
The WeOS (Westermo Operating Systems) has been developed to allow cross platform and future proof solutions.
WeOS can deliver unique security functionality for this class of product as well as allowing the DDW-142 to form part of
a resilient multimedia ring network using the Westermo FRNT protocol or industry standard STP/RSTP. WeOS has been
developed to provide industrial networking solutions and contains amazing serial connectivity capability – from being able
to simulate an old AT modem, convert Modbus RTU to TCP or encapsulate serial data into an IP packet. The DDW-142
is incredibly flexible and easy to use. A basic point-to-point or multidrop network can be created without the need for any
kind of configuration.
The DDW-142 is often used in applications on railways, roads or with utilities where failure could result in significant costs.
All Westermo products are designed with high MTBF in mind to improve operational reliability and also give long service
life. Even features like the SHDSL diagnostics and management allow indication of line degradation allowing planned
maintenance. As the unit is designed for these applications Westermo also ensure that testing is carried out to ensure the
unit can operate at extremes of temperature, EMC and vibration and still provide robust communications.
Features & Benefits
- Save time and money reusing old cable and equipment
- Up to 15.3 Mbit/s Ethernet over twisted pair or 30.6 Mbit/s with bonding
- 2 port 100 Mbit L2 switch supporting VLAN and QoS
- Legacy connection via RS-232 port
- Security, legacy resilient networking from WeOS
- Port access control (802.1x) or MAC authentication
- RSTP and multimedia ring solutions
- Modem replacement, serial to IP, Modbus Gateway functions
- Easy to Use
- Basic installation with no configuration needed
- Web screen for simple configuration and CLI for professional use
- USB fluid configuration for easy maintenance
- Robustly designed for mission critical applications
- 437,000 hours MTBF to MIL- HDBK -217F for extreme reliability
- Extensive line diagnostics and fault I/O contact and SNMPv3
- Robust design for vibration, temperature and dual power input
Product Inquiry Form
All fields mandatory.