Customer Service | Support and Engineering Policy
This document explains INS’s pre- and post- sales technical support and application engineering policy. This policy does not apply to commercial support queries such as order status, accounts payable, and similar commercial concerns.
- INS Customer - A company, organization, reseller, or individual who purchases product(s) directly from INS.
- Resale Contact - A company, organization, or individual who purchases products from a system integrator, reseller, or original equipment manufacturer who had sourced the product(s) in question from INS.
- Pre-sales Technical Support - Assistance provided to INS Customers or prospective Customers to assist in gathering their technical requirements and proposing and/or demonstrating offerings to those needs utilizing INS products.
- Post-sales Technical Support – Assistance provided to INS Customers in troubleshooting equipment purchased directly from INS that is not operating correctly, providing guidance to Customer to assist in remedying the issue.
- Application Engineering – Engineering assistance related to overall system design, and product configuration, including but not limited to:
- Pre- or post-shipment configuration and testing of purchased equipment
- System design and/or architectural drawings
- System documentation development
- Technical support provided at a customer site
- Turn-key system implementation and startup
- Product training
- DIY Support Resources – Blog posts, videos, and other support documentation published on the INS website and related Internet sites such as YouTube.
Scope of INS Technical Support
Pre- and post-sale technical support is provided free of charge to INS Customers. INS Technical Support can provide:
- Pre-sales guidance to INS customers and prospective customers related to hardware selection, based on application information provided by customer.
- Assistance to INS Customers to determine if the issue they are experiencing is due to defective hardware or improper configuration.
- Guidance on product features for given application, including providing links to DIY Support Resources.
- Determine if hardware that is suspected to be defective is covered under warranty, and, if so, facilitate a warranty replacement.
The services described above are only available to INS Customers. In the case of resellers, INS will provide Technical Support at its sole discretion. If it is determined that the caller is a Resale Contact, or had purchased the hardware from another non-INS source, the caller may be directed to call the entity they purchased the hardware from for technical assistance. Alternatively, the INS Application Engineer can coordinate a quote to provide support on a time and materials basis.
Scope of Services for Application Engineering
If a support request is determined to be an Application Engineering request, the INS Application Engineer will determine the rough scope of requirements through discussion with the caller, and coordinate, if required, a project quote. Application Engineering and Field Support can be delivered as a turn-key service or on a time and materials basis.
Changes to Technical Support and Application Engineering Policy
INS reserves the right to update this policy without prior notification and to deviate from this policy in certain cases, at its sole discretion. To remain up-to-date with our support policy, please check this page periodically.
Last update: November 1, 2015