14+4G-port Gigabit managed Ethernet switches
The EDS-518E series is a standalone, compact-size 18-port managed Ethernet switch that provides 4 combo Gigabit ports with built-in RJ45 or SFP slots for Gigabit fiber optic communication. The14 fast Ethernet ports with a variety of copper and fiber port combinations gives the EDS-518E series greater flexibility for designing your network and application. The Ethernet redundant Turbo Ring, Turbo Chain, RSTP/STP, and MSTP increase the system reliability and availability of your network backbone. The EDS-518E also supports advanced management and security features.
In addition, the EDS-518E series is designed especially for harsh industrial environments with limited installation space and high protection level requirements, such as maritime, rail wayside, oil and gas, factory automation and process automation.
Features & Benefits
- Command Line Interface (CLI) for quickly configuring major managed functions
- IPv6 Ready logo awarded (IPv6 Logo Committee certified)
- Software-based IEEE 1588v2 PTP (Precision Time Protocol) for precise time synchronization of networks
- DHCP Option 82 for IP address assignment with different policies
- Support EtherNet/IP, PROFITNET, and Modbus/TCP protocols for device management and monitoring
- Compatible with PROFINET protocol for transparent data transmission
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms @ 250 switches), RSTP/STP, and MSTP for network redundancy
- IGMP snooping and GMRP for filtering multicast traffic
- Port-based VLAN, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, and GVRP to ease network planning
- QoS (IEEE 802.1p/1Q) and TOS/DiffServ to increase determinism
- Port Trunking for optimum bandwidth utilization
- TACACS+, SNMPv3, IEEE 802.1x, HTTPS, and SSH to enhance network security
- SNMPv1/v2c/v3 for different levels of network management
- RMON for efficient network monitoring and proactive capability
- Bandwidth management prevents unpredictable network status
- Lock port function for blocking unauthorized access based on MAC address
- Port mirroring for online debugging
- Automatic warning by exception through e-mail, relay output
- ABC-02-USB (Automatic Backup Configurator) for system configuration backup/restore and firmware upgrade.