SST-PB3-REM-CC Remote PLC Module
SST Remote PLC Module For PROFIBUS, 1 PROFIBUS Port, 2-Port Ethernet Switch, DIN-Rail Mount, 24 VDC, Class 1, Div. 2 Rated, Conformal Coated, -25 to +75 Deg C. (Standard Order No. 1120165001).
The SST™ PB3 Remote Module is a unique and powerful solution to provide PROFIBUS connectivity for Rockwell Automation Logix controllers; Rockwell users in factory-automation and process-control applications can benefit from flexible installation designs, reduced commissioning time and lower cabling costs.
The SST™ PB3 Remote Module for PROFIBUS is a linking device with on-board PROFIBUS and Ethernet communication ports that provides a fast and easy solution for adding PROFIBUS Master and Slave connectivity to any Rockwell Logix controllers. This unique remote module concept offers the same features of an in-chassis module but can reduce expensive PROFIBUS cabling costs when used in environments where controller and field devices are away from each other, sometimes needing to be long distances apart.
The PB3 module fits both factory-automation and process-control applications. Fully integrated into Rockwell architecture through user-friendly features such as Add-on-Instructions, integrated Ethernet switch and direct access from RSLogix 5000 to I/O data without the need to write any ladder logic, the module also has complete access to PROFIBUS DP-V1 services and device diagnostics.
The PB3 Remote Module software for PC includes an engineering console with Rockwell look-and-feel. The console can configure PROFIBUS Master and Slaves, export PROFIBUS process variables in RSLogix 5000 (L5X) format, perform automatic DP Slaves detection and display on-line diagnostics. A CommDTM driver is included in the software package to enable FrameDTM applications, including AssetCentre, PACTware and Fieldcare for asset management.
Features & Benefits
- Save Money
- Reduce expensive Profibus cabling; the PB3 Remote Module can be installed close to Profibus field devices
- Save Time
- No ladder logic to write for configuration and data transfer between PB3 Remote Module and Logix processor
- Unique Remote Concept
- No Rack limitation of Rockwell CompactLogix controller backplane
- Flexible installation design; the PB3 module can be installed at the most convenient place (cabinet, on-machine, etc)
- Up to 2kbyte Input + 2kbyte Output PROFIBUS process data
- Fits in with wireless architecture by connecting a wireless access point to the Ethernet port
- Fully integrated into Rockwell Architecture
- Add-On-Instructions (.L5X); Import Profibus I/O process data into RSLogix 5000 tags; allow the user to use process variable names instead of arrays of Bit, Byte, Word
- EDS file for RSLinx
- Implement redundancy scenario
- Two Logix controllers connected to a single PB3 Remote Module; for implementing PLC redundancy
- 1 Logix controller connected to 2x PB3 Remote Modules; for implementing PROFIBUS master redundancy
- Conformal coated version
- Improves and extends the working life and ensures security and reliability of performance in extreme or humid conditions