XTO2-F2208F Remote Graphics Unit
Matrox Extio F2208 Remote Graphics Unit, Dual Monitor (2560 x 1600 Extension up to 400m (1312 ft) (Expandable up to 1km (3280 ft) with Singlemode Upgrade Kit) (XTO2A-FESLPAF PCIe Interface Card Required & Sold Separately)
High Performance, Dual Monitor KVM Optical Extender
Matrox Extio F2208 is a point-to-point, KVM extension solution that uses fiber-optic cable to separate the keyboard, mouse, USB, audio peripherals and up to 2 displays from the rest of the computer by up to 1 km (3280 feet). Equipped with the latest Matrox KVM technology, the Extio F2208 extends the bus via a PCIe bus interface card while the fiber-optical connection guarantees performance - eliminating hidden/dropped frames, data latency, and artifacts as seen with compression-based solutions.
- High performance, zero compression KVM optical extension up to 1 km from the PC1
- Supports up to 2 displays (DisplayPort, Digital, or Analog) from a single appliance, fiber-optic cable and workstation2
- Independent and stretched mode support for 2x1 configurations
- Combine two Matrox PCIe interface cards, Matrox Extio F2208, Extio F2408, plus Extio F2408E Expander units to drive up to 16 DisplayPort and/or DVI displays, keyboard, mouse, audio and up to eight additional USB 2.0 ports at up to 1 km from the PC
- Clone multiple displays in two separate remote locations across two fiber-optic cables, while also stretching desktops
- Max. resolution of 2560x1600 (DisplayPort), & 1920x1200 (Digital, Analog) per display
- Fiber-optic connection allows raw, uncompressed data to travel between the remote host system and the user-side Extio F2208 appliance, resulting in unmatched HD resolution support and uncompromised workstation performance
- Designed for process control rooms, dispatch centers, and other mission-critical environments that require stable, reliable I/O extension technology
- Flexible connectivity with 5x USB 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse, touch screens and other HIDs
- BIOS Level Keyboard Support enables basic keyboard functionality and access to the system BIOS directly from the user-side Extio F2208 appliance
- Extio Setup Utility (BIOS Level Configuration & Diagnostics) to verify and/or configure the fiber-optic transceiver, link status, USB ports, hardware mapping and device password protection
- Matrox Appliance Integrity Scanner to log device hardware/firmware configurations
- Matrox Appliance Configuration Utility to field upgrade firmware to take advantage of the latest features
- Wake from sleep/standby by pressing any keyboard key with select systems
- Passive cooling (heat sink with no fan) for silent operation and extra reliability
- PCI Express x1 fiber-optic interface card (Part # XTO2A-FESLPAF) sold separately
- Extensive operating system support for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux
- Intuitive and easy-to-use Matrox PowerDesk 3.0 multi-display configuration and desktop management software
- Global sales and technical support
- Matrox Extio F2208 remote graphics unit
- 2x DisplayPort to DVI adapters
- Universal, external, 12-volt-DC, 5-amp, power adapter
- Power supply cable for various regions (North America / Japan, UK, Continental Europe, Australia)
Hardware required (sold separately)
- Matrox PCIe x1 interface card (Part # XTO2A-FESLPAF)
- LC/LC optical cable - multimode (62.5/125 μm (OM1), 50/125 μm (OM2, OM3, or OM4)) available from 3rd party vendors
Optional hardware (sold separately)
- Single Mode upgrade kit for support of distances above 400m (1312') and up to 1 km (3280') (Part # XTO2-2SMTXF)
- DisplayPort to Analog (VGA) adapters available
- LC/LC optical cable - single-mode (9/125 μm (OS1 or OS2) available from 3rd party vendors
- Matrox drivers for Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32/64 bit), Windows Vista (32/64 bit), Windows XP (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 (32/64 bit) with SP2, Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit), and Linux
- Matrox PowerDesk 3.0 (driver interface and utilities)
1 Extio F2208 ships with multi-mode transceivers supporting a maximum distance of 400m (1312'). Single Mode upgrade kit (Part # XTO2-2SMTXF) to support distances above 400m (1312') and up to 1 km (3280') sold separately.
2 Digital support via 2x DisplayPort to DVI adapters included with Extio F2208. Analog support via DisplayPort to Analog (VGA) adapters available from 3rd party vendors.
3 Fiber-optic cable and Matrox PCIe x1 interface card sold separately.
Product Inquiry Form
All fields mandatory.