The Cisco® Industrial Ethernet (IE) 2000U Switches are compact switches for the harsh, rugged environments often found in the energy and utility industries. IE 2000U switches support the communications needs of the utility- and customer-owned energy-delivery infrastructure across distributed generation, transmission, and distribution sectors. This infrastructure includes substation applications supporting electrical transmission and distribution, renewable generation, oil and gas, water, distributed generation, cogeneration, and trackside operations.
Features & Benefits
- Rugged industrial design and substation compliance: IEC-61850-3 and IEEE 1613 for utility substation environments
- Advanced quality of service (QoS) capabilities to support mission-critical substation applications such as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and IEC 61850 Generic Object Oriented Substation Events (GOOSE) messaging
- Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
- Extensive instrumentation and remote diagnostic capabilities
- Comprehensive network security features based on open standards, such as 802.1x, Dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Inspection, and Port Security