Cisco IW3702 IEEE 802.11ac 1.27Gbit/s Wireless Access Point, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, MIMO Technology, 4 x N-Type Antenna Connectors on One Side for Cabinet Mount, 1 x 10/100/1000BASE-T M12 8Pin X-coded Female Port (Supports PoE/PoE+ In), 1 x 10/100/1000BASE-T M12 8-Pin X-Coded Female Port (Supports PoE Out), 12-48VDC M12 4-Pin A-Coded Male Connector or PoE/PoE+ Power Supplies, -40 to 70°C, FCC. (Antennas Sold Separately.)
The Cisco® Industrial Wireless 3700 (IW3700) Series Access Points deliver industry-leading performance and a high-density experience for industrial and outdoor use. The IW3700 offers industrial-grade environmental qualifications while providing higher speeds for video and other bandwidth-intensive applications and extending support to a new generation of Wi-Fi clients, such as smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops that have integrated 802.11ac support.
In its first implementation, 802.11ac Wave 1 provides a rate of up to 1.3 Gbps, roughly triple the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11n access points. This provides the necessary foundation for industrial, enterprise, and service provider networks to stay ahead of the performance, and bandwidth expectations and needs of their wireless users.
Due to its convenience, wireless access is increasingly the preferred form of network connectivity for industrial users. Along with this shift, there is an expectation that wireless should not slow down users’ day-to-day work but should enable a high- performance experience while allowing users to move freely around the corporate environment.
The IW3700 offers a scalable and secure mesh architecture for high-performance Wi-Fi services.
Building on Cisco’s heritage of RF excellence, the Cisco IW3700 Series Access Points use a purpose-built innovative chipset with the best-in-class RF architecture. This chipset provides a high-density experience for industrial and enterprise networks designed for mission-critical, high-performance applications. The IW3700 is
a series of flagship access points, delivering environmentally qualified key requirements of industrial applications, industry-leading performance for highly secure and reliable wireless connections and a robust mobility experience that includes:
- 802.11ac with 4 x 4 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology with three spatial streams that offer sustained 1.3-Gbps rates over a greater range for more capacity and reliability than competing access points.
- Optimized access point roaming ensures clients are associated with the best access points offering the best data rate available.
- Cisco ClientLink 3.0 technology to improve downlink performance to all mobile devices, including one, two, and three spatial stream devices on 802.11ac while improving battery life on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- Cisco CleanAir® technology enhanced with 80-MHz channel support provides proactive, high-speed spectrum intelligence across 20-, 40-, and 80-MHz wide channels to combat performance problems due to wireless interference.
- MIMO equalization optimizes uplink performance and reliability by reducing the impact of signal fade.
The new Cisco IW3700 Series Access Points sustain reliable connections at higher speeds farther from the access points than competing solutions, resulting in up to three times more availability of 1.3-Gbps rates and optimizing the performance of more mobile devices. The IW3700 carries forward the industry-leading features of the Cisco Aironet® 3700 Series.
All of these features help ensure the best possible end-user experience on the wireless network. Cisco also offers the industry’s broadest selection of 802.11n and 802.11ac antennas, delivering optimal coverage for a variety of deployment scenarios.