IE-3000 Series Switches
Cisco IE-3000 Series - Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 (IE 3000) Series Modular Managed Switches with 4 or 8 x 10/100Base-T Fixed Ethernet Ports, 2 x Gigabit Combo Ports (10/100/1000Base-TX or SFP), Supports Up To 2 x 8-Port Media Modules. Redundant DC Power, DIN-Rail Mount, Operating Temperature -40°C to +75°C. (Please Specify Model Number.)
Details [ + / - ]
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series (IE 3000 Series) is a family of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches that bring Cisco's leadership in switching to Industrial Ethernet applications with Innovative features, robust security, and superior ease of use.
The Cisco IE 3000 Series features:
- Industrial design and compliance
- Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
- Network security based on open standards
- Integration of IT and industrial automation networks
The Cisco IE 3000 Series is an ideal product for Industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, energy and process control, and intelligent transportation systems (ITSs).
The Cisco IE 3000 offers:
- Design for Industrial Ethernet applications, including extended environmental, shock/vibration, and surge ratings; a complete set of power input options; convection cooling; and DIN-rail or 19" rack mounting
- Support for hundreds of hardware configurations
- Easy setup and management using the Cisco Device Manager web interface and supporting tools, including Cisco Network Assistant and CiscoWorks
- Easy switch replacement using removable memory, allowing the user to replace a switch without having to reconfigure
- High availability, guaranteed determinism, and reliable security using Cisco IOS® Software
- Recommended software configurations for industrial applications that can be applied at the touch of a button
- Compliance to a wide range of Industrial Ethernet specifications covering industrial automation, ITS, substation, railway, and other markets
- Support for IEEE1588v2, a precision timing protocol with nanosecond-level precision for high-performance applications
- Improved ring resiliency with the support of Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP)
- Transparent IT integration with the support of Layer 3 routing protocols (IP Services)
- PROFINET v2 certification, with PROFINET conformance class B compliance
- ABB Industrial IT certification
The Cisco IE 3000 Series is an ideal product for a variety of Industrial Ethernet applications:
- Industrial automation: The Cisco IE 3000 is designed to support a wide array of Industrial Ethernet protocols for automation. The Cisco IE 3000 features a programmable logic controller (PLC) form-factor design with extended environmental ratings, convection cooling, DIN-rail mounting, redundant 24VDC power input, alarm relays, and surge/noise immunity. The Cisco IE 3000 software and configuration tools allow for easy setup, optimized for Industrial Ethernet applications (for example, Ethernet/IP). Multicast control, traffic prioritization, and security features are specified in default templates recommended for these protocols.
- ITS: The Cisco IE 3000 supports ITS and other applications for outdoor video and traffic or transportation systems control. The switch supports compliance to NEMA TS-2, a variety of gigabit fiber uplinks, and AC and DC power input options, while Cisco IOS Software supports critical ITS features, including virtual LAN (VLAN), QoS, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping, and security access control lists (ACLs).
- Substations: The Cisco IE 3000 is fully compliant to substation automation specifications, including IEC61850 and IEEE1613. The switch supports high-speed ring recovery; fiber access and uplink ports; and AC, 48VDC, and a variety of power input options for the substation environments with the PWR-IE3000-AC=.
- Other applications: The Cisco IE 3000 can be deployed in railway, military, Metro Ethernet, and other applications requiring unique environmental, form factor, or power inputs in harsh environments.