Westermo Ethernet Broadband Bridge, 1-Port Industrial Ethernet Extender For Point-To-Point For IEEE 1901 Power Line Applications, 70 Mb/s, Up To 300 Meters, M12 Connectors (D-Code For Ethernet, A-Code For Power, B-Code For Two-Wire), 24-110 VDC Powered, IP67 & EN 50155 Rail Rated, -40 to +70 deg C. (Article #3641-0900).
The Wolverine series consists of Ethernet extenders and bridges for propagating Ethernet traffic over existing cabling. The DDW-
002-B1 is based on power line communication (IEEE 1901) and is capable of bridging high bandwidth Ethernet traffic over 2-wire
cables, even when there are oxidized connectors.
This can lead to considerable financial savings when refurbishing a train with Ethernet communication, as existing train couplers
can be reused without the need for a costly rebuild or even replacement. By simply installing a DDW-002-B1 on each side of
the coupler, a bridge connecting the Ethernet networks on each side is created. The fact that no configuration is needed further
contributes to the ease of use.
The DDW-002-B1 has been thoroughly tested by certified labs to ensure its compliance with the standard for electronic
equipment used on rolling stock, the EN 50155. For several characteristics, Westermo exceeds the requirements mandated by the
standard, e.g. by providing 1.5 kVrms insulation on all ports.
Furthermore, the design is based on Westermo’s long experience within the rolling stock market, which brings benefits such as
vibration safe integrated connector threading, IP67 ingress protection with GORE-TEX® membrane to prevent condensation
water build-up and ultimately a high MTBF and long service life under the harshest conditions.
The DDW-002-B1 is built in Westermo’s Swedish factory which is renowned for its extremely high standard, as confirmed by
a multitude of quality audits by demanding international customers. The factory is organized according to lean manufacturing
principles and it is equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art quality assurance equipment.
Meeting the requirements for rolling stock, makes the DDW-002-B1 also very well suited for deployment in other applications
with severe operating conditions and extreme environments.
Features & Benefits
- Compact rail-approved Ethernet broadband bridge
- Single model 24 – 110 VDC power range
- 1 x 100 Mbit/s Ethernet port
- 1 x 2-wire cable port
- Externally tested and verified to EN 50155
- Surge resistance and isolation
- Magnetic field immunity and conducted emission
- Shock and vibration
- Designed for long life and extreme operational environments
- IP67 anti-condensation GORE-TEX® membrane
- Ambient temperature -40 deg. C (-40 deg. F) to +70 deg. C (+158 deg. F)
- Integrated M12 threading and high MTBF - 1,568,000 hours
- Design and production testing exceeding requirements for train control
- Manufactured according to IPC-A-610D class 2