Westermo Industrial Ethernet Switch, 3 x 10/100Base-TX RJ45 Ports, 2 x 100Base-FX, Multimode LC Ports, Dual 10-57 VDC Power Inputs, -25 to +70 deg. C. (Article #3644-0033).
The SDW-532 is an unmanaged 5 port (3TX and 2FX) industrial Ethernet switch designed for easy use in heavy duty
industrial applications. The unit supports 802.1Q long packets which allows all standard industrial Ethernet protocols to be
used. A number of standard fibre optic connection types are supported including LC, SC and ST.
The SDW-532 is designed for use in industrial applications and so has dual power inputs for 10 to 57 VDC operation. Total
galvanic isolation between each port is reinforced by the unique isolation provided between each chassis screen helping to
avoid ground loop currents. The IP21 rating ensures that the unit can be installed in locations where condensed water may
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the SDW-532 an MTBF of 760,000 hours and ensures a long
service life. A wide operating temperature range of –25 to +70°C (–13 to +158°F) can be achieved with no moving parts.
The SDW-532 has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and
shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.
Network diagnostics are simplified with the inclusion of port mirroring on one port allowing data flow through the switch
to be monitored using a network analyzer. All five ports can have data rate and flow control locked by DIP switch which
can eliminate problems with old legacy Ethernet equipment that is unable to support auto negotiation.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to install and use
- Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
- Port auto-negotiation and polarity detection
- Transparent to industrial Ethernet protocols
- Designed for use in harsh industrial applications
- Dual 10 - 57 VDC power input
- Total galvanic isolation between each cable screen
- Robust for long service life
- 500,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
- -25 to +70 deg. C (-13 to +158 deg. F) with no moving parts
- Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
- Diagnostics and legacy connectivity
- Port mirroring function
- Diagnostic LEDs
- DIP switches to lock port parameters for old equipment